Why Shanghai always be the choice of entrepreneurs?
- April 21, 2018
- Posted by: Yolandy
Shanghai is one of the four direct-controlled municipalities of China and the most populous city in the world. It is a global financial center and transport hub, with the world’s busiest container port. It is located in the Yangtze River Delta, it sits on the south edge of the estuary of the Yangtze in the middle portion of the East China coast. The municipality borders the provinces of Jiangsu and Zhejiang to the north, south and west, and is bounded to the east by the East China Sea. As the Global Financial Center, Shanghai has made a lot of efforts on the investment environment for Foreign-Funded Enterprises. Tanikawa will analyze the investment prospects for Foreign-Funded Enterprises in Shanghai on following aspects in this report: Economy Shanghai is the commercial and financial center of China, and ranks 13th in the 2017 edition of the Global Financial Centres Index. As of September 2013, Shanghai is also home to the largest free-trade zone in mainland China, the China (Shanghai) Pilot Free-Trade Zone. The zone covers an area of 28.78 square kilometers and integrates four existing bonded zones — Waigaoqiao Free Trade Zone, Waigaoqiao Free Trade Logistics Park, Yangshan Free Trade Port Area and Pudong Airport Comprehensive Free Trade Zone. The State Council decided on December 2014，expansion of Shanghai FTZ by incorporating Lujiazui Financial Area, Jinqiao Export Processing Zone, and Zhangjiang High Tech Park, enlarging the FTZ from 28.78 square kilometers to 120.72 square kilometers to provide more space for reform trials. Industry Shanghai has always been a city with equal emphasis on the Secondary and Tertiary Industries. Due to its superior geographical location and economic environment, manufacturing and service industries are developed rapidly in this city. As an international metropolis, Shanghai also attracts many Foreign-Funded Enterprises. In order to provide enterprises with a better business environment and help companies achieve the better development, Shanghai will make the following plans for the industrial structure in the next five years:
- Accelerate the development of the Advanced Manufacturing Industry. Focus on the development of the Strategic Emerging Industries such as the Information Technology, the Intelligent Manufacturing Equipment, the Bio-pharmaceuticals and High-end Medical Devices, the New Energy and Intelligent Network-linked Automobiles, the Aerospace, the Marine Engineering Equipment, the High-end Energy Equipment, the New Materials, and the Energy-saving environmental protection industry, etc. Shanghai has been the one of the sources of Innovation and Development in Emerging Industries. Shanghai will accelerate the promotion of technological upgrading and upgrading of traditional advantageous industries such as Automobiles, Ships, and Metropolitan Industries, and speed up the transformation of production methods to digitization, networking, intelligence, and flexibility.
- Promote the development of the Modern Service Industry. Promote the transformation from the Producing Service industry to the Professional and High-end Development such as R&D and Design, Cultural Innovation, Information Technology, Total Integrated Contracting, Inspection and Certification, Supply Chain Management, and Human Resources. We will promote quality of the Life Services such as retailing, cultural services, family services, sports services, tourism services, and health services, and implement a new consumer lead plan.
- Actively nurture new technologies, new industries, and new business models. Shanghai will strengthen the development of the Digital Technology, the Information Technology, and the Intelligent Technology in various industries and areas, vigorously promote the accelerated development of big data, artificial intelligence, virtual reality, augmented reality, microelectronic systems, satellite navigation, and additive manufacturing, and actively cultivate “manufacturing + Internet + service” as the new model and a new format. It strives to create an innovative and networked platform to promote the development of industrial integration.
- The key development industry for Hongqiao Business District : Headquarters Economy, Low Carbon Industry, Modern Logistics, Professional Services, Cultural Creation, Medical Services, Trade and Tourism, Convention and Exhibition
- The key development industries for Expo Park: Conferences, Exhibitions, Business, Tourism, Shopping, Restaurants, Leisure, Culture and other forms of Service Industry
- The key development industries for Shanghai International Tourism Resort: with the Shanghai Disney project as the core, it will develop Thematic Entertainment, Tourism and Holiday, Cultural and Creative, Business Meetings, Commercial Retail, Sports and Leisure Industries.
- The key development industries for The Port Area: New Energy Equipment, Complete Auto Parts and Components, Key Marine Parts, Marine Engineering, Construction Machinery, Civil Aviation, and Strategic Emerging Industries have been formed.
- The key development industries for The Foreshore Area: Business Headquarters, Cultural Media, Sports and Leisure.
- The key development industries on both sides of The Huangpu River: Cultural Tourism, Business Commerce, and Headquarters Economy.
- Fund Supporting
- Project Supporting
- The policy for Intellectual Property